What is the Spectemur Agendo Foundation?
The foundation provides a venue on the Cornell campus that attracts creative, intelligent and sophisticated young men to a residential learning environment with programs in music, science, architecture and the culinary arts. The Latin words "Spectemur Agendo" -- etched on the building's cornerstone -- means "to be seen in action."
Through the foundation’s relationship with the Beta Charge of Theta Delta Chi, (who have a grand history of more than 130 years at Cornell), an unbroken line of brotherhood continues to thrive at 800 University Avenue. The Beta Charge provides the impetus and manpower to make the foundation’s programming happen.
All SAF events are free of charge and open to the public.
Saturday September 17, 2011 at 8:00 PM
This Homecoming Weekend, Eddie Kramer will speak on his experiences as a sound engineer for Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Santana, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, KISS, and others. Kramer will show a photographic history of his astounding career with the greatest music legends of the 20th century.
More info at www.allmusic.com.
- #1 overall rating from the Inter-Fraternity Council 2008 - 2011.
- Outstanding Service to the Community award from the Inter-Fraternity Councul, 2011.
- Five Horton Scholarships awarded, 2011.
- Benefit concerts for Teach for America and Conscious Alliance, 2011.
- Recycling program raised $850 for Haitian relief via Project Hope, 2011.
- Outstanding Financial Management award from the Inter-Fraternity Council, 2010.
- Pledge classes average 20 new brothers per year, 2004 - 2010.
- Selected for Creating Chapters of Excellence program, 2006 - 2009.
- Named David DeVries, Associate Dean Undergraduate Education, College of Arts & Sciences as a faculty fellow, 2008.
- Champions, fraternity intramural soccer, 2005 - 2007.
- Over 2000 hours of community and advocacy service, 2006, 2007 & 2011.
- Distinctive Excellence Award, Atmel Design Contest, 2006.
- Conducted installation of Theta Triton Charge (SUNY Binghamton), 2006.
- Winner, Intel Engineering Learning Initiatives research grant.
- Founder, Israeli Student Association.
- Research Fellow, From the Campus to the Coast.